Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A very tired Tuesday

I've been thinking a lot these couple of days, the salon is getting on it's feet now and I have to think about my next move. Because my customers keep asking me; Are you gonna stay here forever?

Forever is a strong word and a very long time and no, I'm not planning on staying here for longer than a couple of years. Or more exactly, if everything goes along with my plans then I' be out of here to 2012 - hopefully, sooner.

But to do what? I have two roads to go, both of them means leaving home.

1.


Start studying language (Swedish and maybe English), when I'm done with that I'll keep studying at a long-distance school to learn The Art of Writing. After that, I have to do something with my writing but I can't stop working at together so I guess I'd be working at the salon part-time. Move out of my parents home as soon as possible.

2.

A friend of my mothers (who happens to be in my age) called me during the summer. "You wanna go work on a cruise with me?"

What the hell was that kind of question?! Of course I want! But I just couldn't let everything go, not everything that we fought for to get this salon. So I asked if she could wait a year? It's not that long and I promised her I would work so hard that I would be reminded of the cruise everyday.

This cruise is for 9 months and I would be working as a hairdresser, the big YES on the plus side is that I wouldn't be alone - I'd have J there. (My moms friend)

We would be cruising through the Caribbean, South America,  South Africa and Australia. (Can you say awe-some?!)

But J asked if I wanted to try it out at first, maybe go on a different cruise first for only 3 months? In Norway? Of course! That would be superawesome too!


Now I'm all super-excited!

3 comments:

  1. (Go on the cruise!)

    Even the Norwegian one is awesome.

    And you could meet so many people and work as a hairdresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is how I feel too :) Plus, there is a certain cruise in Norway that I've always wanted to go with. It's along the Norwegian coast called Hurtig-rutten and at the right time of the year you can see wales! (Orcas I think) I've always been fascinated by the ocean-creatures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an abundance in the Pacific Ocean.

    Everything from coral reefs to dolphins.

    Whale-watching? I think they come around in winter, spring and summer.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete