Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Absorbed!

My mind has been totally absorbed by the thought of cruising around the world, I've tried to imagine how it would be and seriously, I believe that no matter how hard I imagine it - it will be more amazing experiencing it.


Of course, I will be homesick but my parents raised me well - Just because something is scary doesn't mean that you should run away from it, though if it's too scary and you do run - we welcome you with open arms. They've always supported me. My mom doesn't really like the cruising idea, especially not when my youngest brother move so far away - she wants us close to her and of course I understand her.


Dad, on the other hand, kept telling me what an experience it would be, how proud he would be of me and he would seriously consider the fact of overcoming his fear of traveling (scared of flying and don't like going on a boat, plus my mom's got claustrophobia) just to come see me on the cruise.


Everytime I came up with a problem dad would corner me.

"I have to better up my English, it's not good enough"
- You're a fast learner.
"I have to leave everything here"
- You will come back.
"I have my boyfriend here" (it was this summer and I was still seeing Mike)
- He told you he never wants to hold you back, you're making excuses. He will also be here when you come back.



And the studying?

I can always start studying when I come home again, it wouldn't really be a problem - actually, working on a cruise feels like a big vacation. I know it's hard work to but seriously, I have no problem with that - I function better when I work hard :)

This is awesome :)

2 comments:

  1. Your parents are great.

    I hope they overcome their fears, as you have an adventure.

    As for the boyfriend ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my parents are great - whatever I do, they always support me.

    And I do think they will come over their fears, at least I know my dad would. He thinks that a great, overwhelming experience is much more important than fears - He is a wise man.

    Well, since I don't have a boyfriend anymore (and not planning on getting one soon) I can go on the cruise without feeling that I'm throwing something away. I'm loving this!

    ReplyDelete